Update: The deadline for paper submissions has been extended to the 10ᵗʰ of January!
This is a CALL FOR PAPERS for a Workshop on ICT Services and Interoperability for Manufacturing on the IESA 2014 – INTEROPERABILITY FOR ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS“INTEROPERABILITY FOR AGILITY, RESILIENCE AND PLASTICITY OF COLLABORATIONS” taking place on March 24th-28th,2014 – ALBI (FRANCE). ADVENTURE will take part in this conference and it’s organization, and present a workshop.
I-ESA brings together the world’s leading researchers and practitioners in the area of Enterprise Interoperability for the development of new Enterprise solutions based on the Internet of the Future. Initiated in 2005 by two major European research projects of the FP6 of the European Commission, the ATHENA IP (Advanced Technologies for Interoperability of Heterogeneous Enterprise Networks and their Applications, Integrated Project) and the INTEROP NoE (Interoperability Research for Networked Enterprise Applications and Software, Network of Excellence), the I-ESA conferences have been recognized as a tool to lead and generate an extensive research and industrial impact in the field of interoperability for enterprise software and applications. I-ESA’2014 will be held in Albi, France by 24th-25st March, 2014 (Pre-conference) and 26nd-28rd March, 2014 (Conference): www.i-esa.org
You are cordially invited to participate to the Workshop entitled “ICT services and interoperability for Manufacturing” in the International Conference on Interoperability for Enterprise Systems and Applications. (I-ESA) 2014. I-ESA is established as the major event addressing Enterprise Interoperability and the official conference of Virtual Laboratory for Enterprise Interoperability (INTEROP-VLab) with the sponsorship of the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) and the International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC).
The Workshop with presentations from ADVENTURE will take place in Albi (France) on 24th and 25th March 2014. Accepted and presented papers will be published by ISTE Publications UK, www.iste.co.uk
The workshop is jointly organised by, and will include presentations from the ADVENTURE, FLEXINET, FITMAN, IMAGINE and MSEE projects. It aims to achieve the following goals:
- To review current developments in delivery of ICT support to manufacturing enterprises and production networks.
- To be a forum for discussion between researchers active in the related domains of enterprise interoperability, future internet enterprise systems and factories of the future.
- To present the on-going projects/initiatives of the FoF and FInES domain, actively contributing towards the realisation of the FoF visions
- To discuss the current development in the FoF domain, bringing together interoperability scientists, manufacturing industries and IT solution providers
- To reveal ideas and innovations for fully automated end-to-end manufacturing
- To elaborate on the EFFRA roadmap and on future visions for the Factories of the Future Domain
- To discuss on the directions and future trends as indicated in the Horizon 2020 strategic documents by addressing topics selected from the following:
- Intelligent Systems Configuration Services for Flexible Dynamic Global Production Networks.
- Future Internet for manufacturing.
- Distributed, adaptive and interoperable virtual factories environments.
- Contemporary business networks going beyond cost, complexity and administrative burdens.
- Component based tools and architectures enabling the innovative dynamic composition of services.
- New Business Models, Service Alliances and Virtual Economies.
- Collaboration platforms for Innovative and Responsive Manufacturing.
- Real-time management of volatile manufacturing tangible and intangible assets, production System Reformation and Monitoring.
- Dynamic formation of new industrial clusters as partners in the value chain.
- Service provision and maintenance contracts among different size companies.
- Seamless collaboration between SMEs and larger companies.
- New technologies in the manufacturing domain (Big Data, Virtual Manufacturing & 3D printing, etc.).
- Bridging FoF and Future ICT & Internet Technologies.
- Service-product platforms empowering traditionalsectors & SMEs.
- Other relevant Factories of the Future in Future Internet Enterprise Systems related topics.
- Speakers: circa 8.
- Presentations: from the above topics.
- Duration (provisional, depending on total time allocated in programme): for each presentation (20 min. + 5 min. for questions (full discussion to be conducted in interactive joint discussion session)).
- Coffee 10 minutes.
- Interactive Joint Discussion to address the above topics supported by questionnaires. Duration (provisional): 30 minutes.
- Workshop total duration: half-day – 4 hours followed by the break for coffee/networking.
Papers must be in English, describe original work and must follow the HERMES eng-guidelines for authors. Paper length should be 6 pages for a full paper and 4 pages for a short paper. Papers will be peer-reviewed. Authors should submit their contributions by email to the Workshop Organisers (see below).
Keith Popplewell, Coventry University, UK, email: [email protected]
Gash Bhullar, Control 2K Ltd., UK, email: [email protected]
Sotirios Koussouris, National Technical University of Athens, Greece, email: [email protected]
- Workshop deadline for papers:
December 20th, 2013
- Update: The deadline for paper submissions has been extended to January 10ᵗʰ !
- Workshops Programme: January 31th, 2014
- Workshops Venue: 24th – 25st March, 2014
Further Information about this Workshop
- Please, consider that at least one author per paper must register for the Workshops. If none of the authors is registered, the paper will not be included in the workshop programme and in the proceedings.
- Enquiries to: Keith Popplewell ([email protected])
- Website: www.i-esa.org
- You may download the Call for Papers from this link.